Monday, August 4, 2008

Riverside Park

Jake and I went running in Riverside Park last night. It was the perfect length for us last night, about 3.5 miles. Great since we were running 7. Yes, 7, our longest yet! Lance Armstrong even congratulated us himself! (Albeit, in a recording on my Nike +, but it still felt good).

It was the most beautiful run I've ever taken. Unfortunately I don't run with a camera, so I have no pictures. Running along the Hudson by all the boats felt like we were in Seatle. Then when we came upon an outdoor restaurant after the sun went down atop a stone terace it felt like Paris. Near the south end a Jazz band playing on the peir made it feel like New Orleans, and all the flowers and wide paths just made it so pleasant. I haven't felt so good in a long time!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds like so much fun!!

Unknown said...

Wow, nice. Glad you're enjoying NYC. Glad you're enjoying running. You're my hero!

Unknown said...

What's next in you and Jake's life, now that you're back from NYC and Jake and you are graduated? Have you run your half Marathon yet? Brad Geary is this weekend in Provo.