Monday, August 11, 2008

Love Songs

I need your ideas for love songs! Brent, my brother, is getting married. Jake and I are performing at the reception, so I've been looking for love songs that I won't feel too cheesy singing. A friend from Jake's mission, Connie, showed us Ingrid Michealson's The Way I Am that you may have seen in this Old Navy Commercial. I love her music. I'm excited to sing this one.

Others we plan on singing: Friday I'm In Love by The Cure, Better Than Ice Cream by Sarah McLaughlin, In My Life by the Beatles, and This Years Love by David Gray (the one we danced to at our own wedding). That's only 5 songs! Ideas?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

there for you, Flyleaf. All I need, Radiohead (although kind of dark). Jacob suggested inevitable by Anberlin...hmmmm. I'll have to think of some more. Oh, hippipolla by Sigur Ros is a cute one. If your thinking more traditional, let me think.

Anonymous said...

Ben Folds - The Luckiest

Death Cab - I Will Follow You Into The Dark (maybe too dark?)

The Weepies - Painting by Chagall

Glen Hansard/Marketa Irglova - Falling Slowly

-Nick

Heidi Elder said...

Hey Melissa found your blog from the familyfavorites one. Your blog is so cute. Congrats on the marathon! I have just started training also and it's crazy because I have always hated running! But what an awsome acomplishment. Hey just thought I would tell you my favorite son is this one from ingrid michalson so good pick for the wedding. Hope all is well! Glad that your back in utah! Hey I have started a blog it is justinandheidi5.blogspot.com take care your cousin Heidi