Friday, January 23, 2009

Non-working fireplace

We just signed the contract for our new rental. The most disappointing part of the meeting was finding out that the fireplace isn't working (or if it is we aren't allowed to use it because of insurance). I was utterly gutted to hear that. No weenie and marshmallow roasts in the living room. So I've been looking for ideas for the fireplace.

There's always the candle idea. Couldn't find a good picture of one. Seems kinda boring to me.

I love art objects being displayed inside. Especially coral. Look at that 3rd picture! The red coral looks just like fire!

Picture 4 shows crystal. I don't like this one, but it could be done better and work out very nicely.

Picture 5 is a log rapped up in lights. I love this one, but it seems a little Christmasy.

Picture 6 is my absolute favorite. I love the neatly stacked up logs. I have wanted a fireplace just to have the stacked up logs next to it in my dream home. I could just do so in my non-working fireplace now. This is a cool modern/rustic solution I've been ripping out of magazines for a few years now.






Images from: 1- mabelle, 2- gogoabigail, 3-4 domino mag, 5-6 Apartment Therapy,

1 comments:

she planted a tree said...

I'm excited to see what you guys end up doing in that fireplace.